Short answer: No
OctoCue Ltd. is a UK VAT-registered business. All our sales are classed as business-to-business (b2b) transactions and as such, only clients based in the UK pay sales tax (VAT) on our products.
All transactions are below £250, the threshold at with a full VAT invoice is required. Hence we only issue simplified VAT invoices, as per HMRC guidelines.
Businesses based outside of the UK (including all EU businesses) pay no sales sales tax on OctoCue products as these are classed as b2b supplies.
The UK tax authority (HMRC) require us to collect some business details from you when making a b2b supply. This is requested and submitted to us automatically when you complete a purchase.
As there's no sales tax on the transaction, you cannot reclaim any sales tax on your OctoCue purchases, and do not require full invoices.
We're not international tax experts - if you think we're wrong here:
- Double check with your accounts department - send them a link to this page. We often find there a simple misunderstanding about the tax situation.
- If you still need further details, or you think we've got something wrong, please get in touch.
We get a couple of requests a month from software resellers who have clients that would like to use OctoCue.
Resellers are typically seeking discounted rates or commission payments.
We do not offer discounts or commmission payments on single OctoCue account purchases as the the cost-per-unit is very low when compared to most enterprise software licenses.
Resellers are welcome to purchase OctoCue on behalf of their clients safe in the knowledge that they're supplying a professional-grade slide clicking solution that's used by many large organisations.
- If you're looking for multiple accounts, consider the 4-for-3 offer.
- For bulk purchases of 10+ accounts, please get in touch for special rates.
As a reseller, you'll need to initially setup an OctoCue account using an email address that you control, as we send a verification email to this address as part of the account creation process.
Once the setup process is complete and payment has been made, we can manually transfer the account to your client.
- Create a free OctoCue trial account using an email address you have access to.
- Upgrade the account to a paid plan by following the links and making payment via credit or debit card.
We do not accept purchase orders or bank transfers - payment must be made via. Stripe, our online payment processor.
Once payment is complete, let us know the following details and we'll transfer the account to your client:
- The email address of the account you've just created.
- The email address you'd like the account to be transferred to.
We may give you a call to verify the details before transferring the account.
Once we've transferred the account, your client can either log in with the password you supply, or go through the password reset process to set their own password.